Dream Home: designstILes

Today, the stylish Irene from designstILes is sharing her "Dream Home" with us. I love the way she blends bohemian style with classic elegance. The result is beautiful and inviting. Enjoy!

designstILes

Hello, it's Irene from designstILes. So flattered Paloma asked me to be a part of this fun series. I had to refresh my page a few times just to make sure her email was in fact meant to be sent to me.

My dream home consists of a colonial facade, filled with punches of color and patterned interiors.

pinterest

Welcome to my dream crib.

That's Mr. Dream Car too.

housebeautiful

Foyer.

Natural light is a must. It's all throughout the house.

My owl is from Home Goods. Even though I'm rich and have a big house, I still like to keep it real.

lonny

Formal living room where no one really hangs out. I usually only come in to water my orchid. Don't ask me how it stays alive.

In your face patterned ottomans are my favorite pieces in the room.

lonny

Across the living room is the dining room. We rarely eat dinner in here. I'm uneasy about stains ruining my ikat chairs.

housebeautiful

Adjacent to the dining room is the kitchen. I just made cookies, in case you're wondering why the milk is out. You came to visit on the right day.

designstiles

This is the nook off the kitchen where we eat most of our meals. Oh look, more food.

lonny

Family Room. We hang out in here a lot. My husband loves the pink ottoman.

housebeautiful

Powder Room. Love the natural wood mixed with wallpaper and faux bamboo pieces.

rue

My home office. She's a beauty.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6209/6067835369_7d91d932a2.jpghttp://farm7.static.flickr.com/6183/6068380296_f089821617_m.jpg

nurserynotions

A playroom for my daughter and one day other sibling. It's not always this clean.

Follow me upstairs.

inspirationfordecoration

Sometimes my laptop and I hang out on that window seat. My dogs love looking out the window.

brynalexandra

Glad I decided to put the laundry room upstairs. It's a lot easier not having to carry several loads up the stairs.

better homes and gardens

Guest Room is what I call California Cool. Easy Breezy.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6186/6068399428_0ec5473aa4.jpg http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6062/6067853889_3489c2068a.jpg

younghouselove/house beautiful

Guest Bath. We get lots of compliments on the clawfoot tub. Good choice.

pinterest

Nursery. Dresser was a Craigslist find. I had it professionally painted.

decorpad

Master Bedroom. Even though I have an office, I added a desk to our room. I'm confused too.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6066/6068417856_a5bf4b47e8.jpg http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6190/6067872707_ba28ac9cf6.jpg

coastal living/pinterest

Master Bath. The vanity was custom. Kept things classic with the white subway tile.

decorpad

My dressing room. I have lots of fancy dresses but don't really go to fancy parties. I like to be prepared.

tumblr

Big backyard where we host lots of bbqs and outdoor movie night come summer.

Sometimes I do cartwheels on the grass. No, not really.

Thanks for visiting my dream home. You should come by more often.

And thank you Paloma for having me!

No comments:

Post a Comment