Back to work!

{Illustration by Inslee Haynes}

For the past three years, I have worked from home blogging, taking on freelance projects, and in the past year, starting and running High Gloss. As most of you know, a couple of weeks ago, we announced that High Gloss has come to an end. Your words of encouragement have truly helped us through what was a very difficult decision. But remember, I told you that we each have some exciting things going on. While I’ll let  Lauren and Dabney share their news when they feel the time is right, I am so excited to share my big change with you!

{Illustration by Inslee Haynes}

I used to believe that the old adage of “everything happens for a reason” was kind of a cliché, but I truly have come to believe in these words over the past couple of years. I have often said that since I started this blog over four years ago, I have felt as if I’ve been on the journey that was meant for me, but I wasn’t quite sure what the final destination would be. While most of us will never really know what the final stop on our journey will be, we certainly do know when we arrive at a destination that feels perfectly right for us; the type of place we’d like to linger for a long time. I was lucky enough to arrive at that place just a few weeks ago. In the midst of analyzing the big decision of whether or not to continue with High Gloss, I was called in for a meeting to discuss social media strategy which led to an offer to be Director of Marketing for Visual Comfort & Company. I was both surprised and elated because it was all so unexpected, it was an incredible opportunity, and the timing could not have been better.

Visual Comfort

Whether you know the Visual Comfort name or not, chances are, you are probably very familiar with their products. The fabulous lighting selection at my beloved Circa Lighting is manufactured by Visual Comfort. Visual Comfort sells to the trade while Circa Lighting sells to the public through its retail stores and website. For nearly twenty-five years, Visual Comfort has executed the vision of America’s most important designers including Ralph Lauren, Sandy Chapman, Thomas O’Brien, Barbara Barry, Alexa Hampton, and Suzanne Kasler. Every month, Visual Comfort’s designs appear in the pages of the top shelter magazines and are a topic of conversation on many of your blogs as they have been on mine. I am elated to be overseeing all aspects of marketing, brand identity, and brand awareness for Visual Comfort’s designer lighting collections as well as managing our social media efforts, directing the creation of marketing materials and advertising, and handling press and media relations. To say that this job is right up my alley might be an understatement!

VC_AH3024PN-NP

We’ve all adjusted to my working outside of our home full-time rather well, though it has been a big lifestyle change. Fabian’s mom is generous enough with her time to visit Tate every afternoon so that he doesn’t get too lonely and I am loving being in a traditional work environment again. I’ve been busy at work with several projects, including the implementation of Visual Comfort’s social media accounts. It would mean so much to me if you could show us some support and follow us on Twitter, Facebook and the Visual Comfort Blog. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment