Dream Home: Small Shop Studio

Today, the fabulous Erika of Small Shop is sharing her “Dream Home” with us. You may recall that I shared a tour of Erika’s gorgeous actual home earlier this summer, so you’re definitely in for a treat. Erika has amazing, glamorous style. Enjoy!

small shop [a brand styling studio]

So honored to be included in this fun series! But I must admit I was surprised how difficult it was for me to nail down the look and feel of a house T.B.D. in all forms - the location, the shape, and all the countless goodies to fill it in. The possibilities are endless!

One thing I do know for sure: since my husband is an architect, we will one day build our own home, most likely here in Southern California. Another certainty: it will take on a contemporary shell of glass, concrete and wood (his style). The trick for me will be to soften up the interiors with sophisticated chic furnishings, accessories and art (my style).

First up, the exterior. Obviously lots of windows and light. A view would be ideal. (A head start, my husband worked on the house below left and right.) small shop: dream home exterior Right at the entry, I'd like to glam up the husband's modern leanings while retaining the open, clean feeling of the architecture. Definitely need a pivot door. small shop: dream home entry Rich materials, and key pieces of furniture and lighting will be the starting point for my scheme. A James Nares painting or two will bring in a few accents of color. small shop: dream home living room Nothing is more sophisticated than carrera marble in the kitchen. But to keep it from looking cold, I'd add in some wood and a design statement like a Dixon copper pendant or a Goyard-patterned backsplash. small shop: dream home kitchen Also a definite must: dining on sleek chairs (preferably Milo Baughman, although the Fendi-upholstered pieces below right aren't too shabby). Just need the Billy Cotton pick-up chandelier to top it off. small shop: dream home dining room By sexy I mean fire and fur; by chic I mean Missoni and Hermès. (Can you tell how much I really want a Dixon copper pendant?) small shop: dream home master bedroom Give me a place I can retreat to -- travertine or marble, gold and glass. And I'd love to have a dressing room with natural lighting, if I were to be picky about it.

small shop: dream home bathroom

My daughter will definitely require a room that is pink. I will require that it is filled with patterns and pieces that surround her with a chicness she is already growing into. small shop: dream home girl's room My office, easy: Kelly Wearstler-esque, no question. Here I get to be as colorful and creative as I want, to be visually inspired each and every day. small shop: dream home office Lastly, our house would not be complete without an outdoor area for family fun and entertaining. small shop: dream home pool & patio Thanks for taking my little tour with me! And although I realize my style's not for everyone, I hope you were able to get an idea or two out of it! ...xoxo All photo sources are available via my Pinterest board.

No comments:

Post a Comment