Look to Love: Jewel-Tone Interiors

Pinterest might be the most inspiring thing I have experienced in some time. I just pin away, selecting images that strike my fancy, but my favorite thing about it is seeing themes come together naturally in my board. While looking through my “Inspiring Interiors” board, I couldn’t help but notice a prevalence of spaces decorated with jewel tones: amethyst, turquoise, aquamarine, sapphire, citrine, emerald, the list goes on. There isn’t a single room in my home decorated in these colors (though I do use bright accessories), yet I am inexplicably drawn to them. Perhaps it’s the fact that they are fairly literal translation of fashion into interiors or maybe it’s because these colors look absolutely gorgeous together. Either way, I am a big fan! Do you decorate with jewel tones in your home? Would you?

{A Gorgeous Mix of Jewel Tones}

{Deep Sapphire Walls}

{Turquoise, Amethyst and Citrine Tones Co-Mingle in A Room Featured in House Beautiful}

{Miles Redd’s Ruby-Red Apartment in Manhattan}

{Designer Amanda Nisbet opted for poppy jewel tones in this breakfast nook.}

{Gorgeous Pops of Emerald in this Dressing Room Designed by Molly Luetkemeyer}

{Liz Bruce’s Statement-Making Morrocan Home}

{This Living Room features a variety of jewel tones, patterns and textures.}

{This lush velvet sofa is a perfect match for my birthstone, citrine, though I haven’t thought about birthstones in ages!}

{This Pucci store installation is probably about as close as one could get to being inside of a jewel box.}

No comments:

Post a Comment