Glamorous Office Spaces

Most days, my style is a mix of modern traditional with a touch of glamour. I have been super drawn to office spaces lately and must admit that working in a stylish, aesthetically pleasing environment definitely helps me to channel my creative energy. As much as I love the show, The Office, I think I might get seriously depressed working in a space like that. I would at least need to accessorize my desk! While some of the office spaces featured in this post may be a little over the top, there is inspiration to be drawn from every image that we can apply to our own workspaces through a touch here and there.

office iconic blog

{I absolutely love this office by Windsor Smith. There is definitely a play between masculine and feminine elements, but it doesn’t skew too far either way. This would be perfect for a home office shared by a husband and wife. The contrast of the deep, navy walls and the crisp white moulding is AMAZING! The Missoni-esque fabric on the cool chair is the cherry on top.}

{This space is ultra glamorous in its simplicity. There isn’t a ton going on in this office, but each piece is unique and special. That, along with the pink chair and Grace Kelly’s Warhol portrait give it a glamorous edge.}

{This space is unabashedly glamorous in every sense. You have an ornate crystal chandelier, mirrored desk, crystal accessories and a gilded Louis chair. A bit much? Perhaps, but it’s fabulous nonetheless.}

{Mary McDonald’s office was featured in Domino a few years ago, back when it was Robin’s Egg Blue and extremely feminine. If you’ve watched Million Dollar Decorators, then you’ve probably noticed that she has changed things up. Gone are the pastels and in their place, she has a grey wall with glamorous antique sconces, touches of red, and the silver accessories on her desk are a bit more paired down. I must say, I prefer this look over the previous one.}

{Mary designed this bold office for her client on the show. Few things make a statement like a painted floor! Mary is a master at reigning in her color palettes, sticking to no more than three base colors accented with a pop of a bright color and touches of a metallic, usually gold. This approach is part of what makes her work so glamorous in my opinion.}

office francois halard photo

{In spite of its relative simplicity and soft color palette, this office space feels completely glamorous. The hand-painted deGournay wallpaper (such a luxury) and the mix of antique chairs with mid-century vintage pieces make the space feel totally luxurious. - Photo by Francois Halard}

Jul/Aug 2011

{Lauren Gold’s gorgeous office is one of my favorite spaces in the current issue of Lonny. In fact, I love her entire apartment! The high gloss, peacock blue walls combined with her beautiful, black lacquered desk and the tufted orange stool with gold base won me over right away. The space feels so sophisticated. It is feminine without being too sweet. I’m sure that armoire provides her with tons of storage, too.}

{In most cases, gold, when done well, is equivalent to glamour for me, whether we’re talking about jewelry or accessories and home furnishings. This desk, featured in Nuevo Estilo is my dream desk. I would love to own a piece like this one.}

{Kelly Wearstler is a creative genius. Would I want to work in this ultra-bright space everyday? No. I prefer my colors a bit more moody or neutral. However, it takes one hell of a creative person with moxie to spare to call this “home” during most of her waking hours. Bright pink chairs, mixed with a demi-lune chrome desk, Louis chair, interesting lighting and a massive abstract painting? Rock on, Kelly!}

{I’ve blogged about this office from an Atlanta Homes and Lifestyles show house a couple of times. If I were to mix Kelly Wearstler’s style with my own, this would most likely be the result. The Lucite desk, cognac chairs, beautiful gilded bookcases and sea urchin chandelier slay me every time!}

 

Do you like a touch of glamour in your office or do you gravitate to more serene, subdued work space?

No comments:

Post a Comment