Do Tell: Who would you invite to your fantasy dinner party?

peonies in trad we trust

Just the other day, a friend and I were discussing who we would invite to our fantasy dinner parties if we could choose anyone in the world. It’s pretty fun to imagine and I think hearing a person’s invitee choices gives wonderful insight into their personality.

I would choose to invite the following people to my Fantasy Dinner Party:

Gwyneth Paltrow – She is my ultimate style icon.

Brian Williams – He is my favorite news anchor. He is so insightful and he can be really funny. Plus, he’d have the scoop on what’s going on around the world.

Tina Fey- Brainy, hilarious…need I say more?

Jimmy Fallon - I think it would be fun to have him and Tina there. He is so funny and I love that he doesn’t resort to being mean or snarky in his humor. He is simply hilarious and maintains some child-like wonder.

Adam Levine of Maroon 5 - He is incredibly talented and he is super funny. Can you tell I like funny people?

Diane von Furstenberg - DVF is incredibly talented and is such a positive role model for women. I find her so inspiring.

Sarah Jessica Parker – I simply adore SJP and not just because of Sex and the City. She seems like the loveliest person. She is so sweet, intelligent and well-spoken. Plus, she is a major style icon!

Jeff Lewis from Flipping Out - What’s not to love about Jeff’s fantastically sarcastic sense of humor?

Andy Cohen from Bravo - Not only do I think Andy is a creative genius, I love the way he and Jeff play off of each other, so we’d need to have both of them there.

Nate Berkus- He is so sweet and talented. I would love to pick his brain about design.

Ina Garten, the Barefoot Contessa- This would have had to have been before her Make A Wish Foundation scandal. She has been a huge influence in the way that I cook, so naturally she would be one of my picks. She and Jeff Lewis could also debate about who had designed the best House Beautiful Kitchen of the Year

Anthony Bourdain – What’s the Barefoot Contessa without a subversive counterpart. I love Anthony Bourdain because he is insightful and has such a no-nonsense approach to food and life. He has seen so much and I’d bet he’d have some great stories.

 

Now that I’ve given you a glimpse into my psyche (I guess I love funny people and Bravo), I’d love for you to share who you would invite to your own Fantasy Dinner Party. Do tell- who would make your list?

No comments:

Post a Comment