Dream Home: The Decorista

Today, the lovely Ashlina of The Decorista shares her glamorous dream home with us. Enjoy!
The Decorista-Interior Design and Decorating
Hi everyone, it's Ashlina here from TheDecorista!
So excited to be here today sharing my dream home, which I must say is truly inspired by Paloma's new mag, High Gloss. I love daydreaming about my perfect home. Let me take you on a tour of mine.
 
So If I can completely dream here, this is what the front of my home would look like....
Palm Trees, gorgeous Spanish style and bright white paint.
When you first walk in I would want art to be the first thing you notice, I do adore my large oversized artwork like this gorgeous elephant painting next to a big and bold gold lamp. Love this for an entryway.
To the left you would have a beautiful, cozy and dark sitting room. I'd want it a little bit glamorous, a little bit exotic and super fun. I love homes full of fun things to look at and play with and this eclectic room would definitely be something I would work with.
On the opposite side of the entryway, I'd want a study/library where I could draw inspiration from and get inspired by books and magazines...something like this would be cool.
A fabulous powder room would be essential for my perfect pad. Something over the top with metallic wallpaper, a gorgeous mirror and romantic lighting.
 
Next up would be the kitchen. I love bright, light and lots of space to get down. I love baking and entertaining so size is key and a huge, gorgeous island is a definite necessity.

Right next to the kitchen there would have to be a super cozy, relaxing room to hang and watch movies. Full of fun art and lots of cushions and pillows. Something very kid and party friendly. A total lived-in feel, with orchids always.
Bedrooms would have to be over the top glam. The master would be totally drowned out with fabric lined walls and a gorgeous canopy bed. Mirrored, of course.
and my closet would need to look just like this....oh yes.
The guest rooms would be fun too. Each one would be a different theme and color story...I'd juxtapose them for different guests...perhaps like these...
Again, I'd always want to entertain so a bangin' outdoor situation would definitely be in order. I'd love a great pool with waterfall and cozy outdoor sofas for lounging and getting some sun!

 
Ah yes! I love to daydream, that is what I call domestic bliss!

 
Thanks for having me Paloma!


No comments:

Post a Comment