Everything Old is New Again

Every now and then, I like to browse the real estate listings in Houston for fun. I enjoy looking at different types of houses in various neighborhoods and every now and then, I’ll find a home that is beautifully designed. A lot of times, I also come across homes from the 1950s or 1960s which seem to be unchanged since the owners moved in decades ago. Such is the case for the home this dining room belongs in. The home was built in the 1960s, has a nice floorplan and has been very well maintained. I was initially struck by the gorgeous chioiserie-style mirror hanging in the dining room. Upon closer inspection, I noticed the ikat wallpaper and the beautiful cane back chairs. If you were to take out the blue carpet, replace the chandelier with a more modern one and do a little styling, the room would look completely current. You can see a larger version of the photo in the real estate listing for the home.

Are there any elements of this room that you would keep? It’s funny how everything old is new again, whether we’re talking about mid-century interior design or 1970s-inspired clothes and accessories.

No comments:

Post a Comment