Style, Defined. Los Angeles

{A Bedroom by Massucco Warner Miller}

I’m heading to Los Angeles and Newport / Laguna Beach next Monday! I am super excited for my trip, which I am sure will feel like a whirlwind. While I will be busy with work the majority of the time, I do hope to be able to soak up some of that signature L.A. style. I know that everyone has their own interpretation of style, but more often than not, it seems that design lovers identify certain cities with specific looks. For example, the grand majority of design lovers in Houston opt for a very traditional, French-inspired look with linen, seagrass, and slipcovers. That doesn’t mean that everyone in Houston goes for this look in their home, but it has become rather ubiquitous. When I think of L.A., I picture glamorous interiors with a touch of Hollywood Regency; bold colors, playful shapes, and modern pieces mixed with vintage touches.

DSC_2647[1]

{This room, like most of the rooms designed by Woodson & Rummerfield embodies an old Hollywood spirit that is slightly over the top. Their designs often remind me of the sets of wonderful old movies like Auntie Mame.}

Domicile ID2

{A Fabulous, very L.A. Bedroom by Domicile ID}

{I don’t think it’s possible to think of interior design in L.A. without thinking of Kelly Wearstler or picturing the Wearstler-designed Viceroy Hotel in Santa Monica.}

{A Chic Cabana at the Viceroy}

{The Viceroy’s Famous Plate Wall}

{I love the use of bold colors and vintage elements in this living room by Kishani Perera.}

{The living room in Jennifer Dyer’s former home is the very definition of Hollywood Regency.}

[pd15.jpg]

{A little more traditional, but no less glamorous, this living room by Peter Dunham fits right in with what I would picture in Beverly Hills.}

dining2

{In her current home, Jennifer Dyer employed a few regency items, but took a more subdued approach. This is one of my favorite rooms of 2010.}

view

{The View of Dyer’s Home in the Hills- I am so excited to spend time in a different landscape. Houston is flat as a pancake.}

[erinn9.jpg]

{How incredible is this outdoor space by Erinn Valencich?}

 

Do you have a similar vision of Los Angeles style? How would you describe the style in your city?

No comments:

Post a Comment