The Style Files: Sally Wheat

Image-5441680-103543981-2-WebSmall_0_6f0b00f9069977916a630c1c4146c286_1[1]

{Photo by Rhonda Kasowski, Morningdale Photography}

Not only is Sally Wheat an amazing person and friend, she is also an incredibly talented decorator. Her approach is at once sophisticated and relaxed, with the end result being both elegant and inviting. In my opinion, Sally’s style is completely fresh and unique. Sally can take a traditional French or Swedish look and make it feel completely modern by infusing it with her eclectic and slightly subversive touch. Each room she designs is filled with distinctive, personal, and sometimes unexpected touches. The hints of color and abstract art that she uses in the more traditional spaces she designs make them feel completely new and special.

sally2

Name: Sally Wheat

Occupation: Interior Decorator, Antiques and Interiors Sales

Hometown: Beaumont, Texas

Current City: Houston, Texas

sally living

LDV: What inspired you to begin your career in interior design?

SW: It all started with the urging of my friends. Two different friends called me within one day of each other, asking to hire me as their decorator. It was so coincidental that I figured it’s meant to be!

sally family

LDV: What do you love most about it? What is the most challenging aspect?

SW: Doing something I love so much and actually getting paid for it! The most challenging aspect is keeping it fresh.

image

LDV: Where do you find inspiration?

SW: Everywhere!! I’m always looking at everything around me!

sally foyer 

LDV: Who are some of your personal style icons?

SW: I don’t really have a style icon. I really enjoy seeing how women on the streets put their outfits together.

sally daughter

LDV: How would you describe your own style?

SW: Casual and simple with lots of accessories.

kitchen sally

LDV: What is the trait you most admire in a person?

SW: Generosity and being down to earth.

sally bedroom

LDV: What is your principal weakness?

SW: I could definitely use some organization tips.

 

Wheat1 resized[1]

{Photo by Rhonda Kasowski, Morningdale Photography}

LDV: What do you consider your greatest achievement?

SW: My kids, for sure!

sally fordham

LDV: What is your idea of living “la dolce vita”?

SW: My life now! I have a wonderful and supportive husband and two silly healthy kids. I get to do the job I love to do, yet be home with them at the same time.

 

sally

19 wholesale roses[1]

Bloom: Ecuadorian Roses and Pink Peonies

Food: Milk Chocolate

Drink: Non-alcoholic - Diet A&W Root Beer (random I know!) Alcoholic - Frozen Margarita no salt

About-Mexican-Food[1]

Meal: Cheap Mexican food

Thing to Wear: Jeans-hands down. I have over 40 pairs. Ridiculous.

Destination: Anywhere with my family.

Season: Spring

waterboy-poster-1[1]

Film: The Waterboy (Classy, I know. But it makes me laugh every time.)

Book: The Glass Castle, A Thousand Splendid Suns

2111_LivingetcMarch09w[1]

Magazines: Elle Decor, Living Etc., Canadian House and Home

Blogs: La Dolce Vita, Cote de Texas, Elements of Style, Greige, My Favorite and My Best, Eyespy Design, the list could go on and on.

Texture: Thick nubby linen and rich velvets.

Fabric or Pattern: Designer’s Guild, modern patterns.

Color: I can’t choose just one. I love them all for specific things. For example, I like white and gray for walls, pink and purple for accents, and I can’t leave out black.

Scent: No perfume for me, ever!

 

1796_white_rocking_chair_l[1]

Extravagance: Serial Redecorating

Quote: “Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but gets you nowhere.” Dorothy Galyean

 

To see more of Sally’s beautiful work, visit her website.

No comments:

Post a Comment