Guest Post: Emily A. Clark’s Favorite Room

I am delighted to share my favorite room on Paloma's blog today.  As a relatively new blogger, she is definitely an inspiration to me.  While I feel that our entire home is one big work in progress, I would say my favorite room-of-the-moment is our family room.  For the most part, it's "my room" after every one goes upstairs at night, but during the day, it's also a hub of activity.  And, the thing I love most about the space? I was able to pull it together using almost all bargain resources--everywhere from Craigslist to consignment shops. Nothing matches, which I feel gives the space a more collected-over-time look and feel.

To create a focal point when you enter the room, I started by painting one wall a dark navy (Stunning by Benjamin Moore).  I wanted to keep the room neutral overall, but went for a strong punch of pattern on the floor by using Pottery Barn's chain link rug (which I was also able to score at one of their outlets). 
To lighten things up, I added cream accents and brought in more navy and bolder patterns in the pillows.
One of my best finds?  Bookcases with carved detailing for just $20/each from Craigslist (a little TLC was required. . . .)
To see more of my home and decorating projects, drop by my blog.  Thanks again, Paloma, for the opportunity to fill in for you while you're away!

No comments:

Post a Comment