New Orleans Recommendations

We’re heading to New Orleans for a little weekend getaway next month and I need all the help I can get! I still haven’t booked a hotel. Normally, I am very decisive about these things, but all of the reviews seem so mixed. Some people urge me to stay in the French Quarter while others say to avoid Canal Street at all costs. I have narrowed it down to the W French Quarter, Loews Hotel, and the International House Hotel. I just can’t handle floral bedspreads and chintz galore which seems to be the running theme in most NOLA hotels. Any opinions on the three hotels that I am deciding between? I would like to go ahead and book something this evening.

We definitely plan to check out the beautiful Garden District. If you can believe it, we have lived in Houston all of our lives and have never been to New Orleans, so we would love to know about any sights, restaurants, shops, or activities that you consider to be absolute musts. I have several Magazine Street shops on my list including Perch, Quince, Grace, Spruce, Neill and O’Brien, and Bryan Batt’s Hazelnut. Any other recommendations out there? Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment