A Belated Glee Fan

I know I am completely late to the party, but I am obsessed with Glee! I just discovered it two weeks ago when the Madonna episode aired. I had heard from many people that it was such a good show, but never got around to watching it. Then, as if by serendipity, I caught my first glimpse of this incredible show when they did the now famous Madonna episode. I watched as the talented cast belted out the songs I sang countless times during my childhood and adolescence. “Like A Virgin”, “Open Your Heart”, “Vogue”, “Like A Prayer”…they sang all of my favorites with the exception of “Into the Groove”, and I sang along as I watched, my heart full of, well, glee.

I ordered the first season on Amazon that same night and finished the first season this weekend. The characters are so charming, even Sue Sylvester, the most likeable villain in recent memory. I love her quips about Will Schuester’s hair. He is so talented! I am surprised he wasn’t discovered earlier. I also happen to adore Mercedes and Kurt. This show is wonderfully refreshing. The cast is undoubtedly talented and it is so fun to watch.

Another favorite character is the adorable guidance counselor, Emma Pilsbury. I love her 1960s-inspired outfits and find her quirky, obsessive personality rather charming. Sure, her looks sometimes border granny-chic territory, but wasn’t she a darling bride in her Jackie Kennedy-inspired gown? I am totally rooting for her to work things out with Will! Are you a fan of Miss Pilsbury’s?

 

{I love this necklace.}

{While mustard yellow isn’t usually my go-to color, I do love her pretty J.Crew Mary Janes. They may have been part of what sold me on the show in the pilot.}

{Emma in a Milly sweater with Telephone Brooch, bearing witness to a battle of the crazies.}

{So cute!}

{Her style combination of Mad Men meets J.Crew with a twist of Granny’s closet is so endearing.}

Are there any other “Gleeks” out there?

Glee airs Tuesday nights at 9/8 central on Fox.

No comments:

Post a Comment