10 Things I Can’t Live Without: Caitlin of Sacramento Street

Sacramento Street

Caitlin of Sacramento Street recently celebrated her blog’s first anniversary and in one short year, she has managed to do an amazing job with it. The posts on Sacramento Street are both inspired and chic and the blog features beautiful images on a daily basis. Caitlin was recently married and has shared some gorgeous pictures from her wedding on her blog. In addition to being a talented blogger, Caitlin is also one of the sweetest and most sincere people in the blogosphere.

 My Husband: I can honestly say that I don't know what I would do without Eric. He is my soulmate, best friend and my husband. We know more about each other than anyone else (well, except for maybe his twin brother). No one can make us laugh harder than each other. Since the first time we met my Freshman year of high school, I knew I met someone special, and now ten years later we are newlyweds. He inspires me everyday to do what I love. I'm definitely the luckiest girl in the world to have him in my life.

Traveling: I went on my first plane ride when I was three weeks old and I’ve loved traveling since. I feel lucky to have traveled all over the world when I was younger. My parents didn’t mind taking me out of school to go on one of our many excursions. I probably learned more in a week traveling through the Mexican jungles, the Artic Circle and Alaska’s Elephant Cove than I did in school.

One of my favorite things about traveling is meeting new people, experiencing the different cultures each country has and attempting to speak a new language (that sometimes doesn’t go over very well). Even when I’m traveling within the U.S. my heart skips a beat boarding a plane. It’s like my heart knows that I’m going somewhere new.

I will forever have a place in my heart for traveling and I’m excited for the few trips I have planned this year.

A Cup of Tea: I’ve never been a coffee drinker; I’m a tea drinker. I love a warm cup of tea in the morning with a splash of frothed milk, no sugar necessary. If you’re looking for an addicting brand of tea I would recommend Mariage Frères from France. Their French Breakfast tea puts a smile on my face every single morning. My husband can’t believe something as simple as a cup of tea can change my morning with one single sip.

Long Walks: One of the many reasons I love San Francisco is the fact that you can walk around the entire city. Experiencing the different neighborhoods by foot is something I can't get enough of, whether it's with Eric, a good friend, or by myself. If I ever need a burst of inspiration I always know that it's waiting right outside my front door. All I have to do is decide what direction to turn.

Friends & Family: I couldn’t imagine living life without my friends and family. They support me through happiness, struggles and life in general. At the end of the day they always support me no matter what my dreams might be. I couldn’t be luckier to have all of them in my life.

Candles: There’s nothing like lighting some candles and filling my apartment with a fabulous smell. Right now I’m on the hunt for a new scent – I’m thinking my next purchase will be a Diptyque Lilas candle. Diptyque never disappoints!

iPhone: Cliché, right? Well, I’ve got to say I agree with everyone on this one – this small pocket size device has changed my life. There is no excuse to being bored if you have one – with the endless apps, Internet capabilities, camera, and so much more, you’ll be entertained for a lifetime. One of my current favorite apps is Words with Friends; let’s just say my husband and I are incredibly competitive when it comes to this game!

Flowers: Who doesn’t love coming home to beautiful bouquet of flowers? It’s the first thing I see when I walk in my front door. They put the biggest smile on my face. I love going through seasons and seeing what types of flowers are coming into bloom. Whether I go to the flower market (my heaven), a small flower store or the flower stand by my work – I always seem to find something special to bring home. Right now is my favorite time of year – Peony season!

Home: After a long day of work, there's nothing I love more than coming home. As I walk through the door I get a sense of happiness, calmness and then my mind is at ease. "Home is where the heart is" rings true to me.

Blogging: When I started my blog one year ago, I didn’t know if anyone would read me – now I’ve made so many incredible friends over the past year through this tight knit blogging community. Everyday I look forward to what conversations will happen, some hilarious and others inspirational – who knew I’d be talking to gals across the country about things that we have in common or dilemmas we’re all trying to solve. Without all of these lovely ladies supporting one another, the blog community wouldn’t be as special, and for that I’m forever grateful.

{1. Erin Beach 2. my own & little brown pen 3. Mariage 4. dress, design, decor 5. Erin Ever After 6. Diptyque 7. Apple 8. this is glamorous 9. domino}

No comments:

Post a Comment