Fabulous Room Friday 03.19.10

March 2010 House 132

This week’s fabulous room is my own master bedroom! I am always getting e-mails and comments asking me to share my own home, so I will definitely start doing more of that soon. We are in the middle of about 80 projects (or so it feels) and I will be sure to share images of the rest of my home in the very near future.

March 2010 House 143

{We bought our bedroom furniture at Z Gallerie when we first got married nearly five years ago. I still like it all, but would like to maybe do an upholstered headboard instead to add more softness to the room. Our duvet and sheets are from Pottery Barn and the convex starburst mirror is from West Elm.}

March 2010 House 062

{When I first started blogging, I did a couple of posts searching for the perfect bedside lamps. I looked at several options and one day, while shopping at Target, I came across these lamps at Target. They were a steal at $50 a piece. We added the chocolate silk shades ourselves.}

March 2010 House 108

{I keep stacks of books on my nightstand as well as underneath it. I usually can’t find the time to relax and read during the day, so it normally doesn’t happen until I am in bed. The framed picture was taken by my seven year old cousin at our wedding. The little, round, hand-painted box with the bird on it is from Mexico. I love the vibrant colors! The ranunculus bloom is from my yard.}

March 2010 House 097

{I made sure that Fabian’s nightstand had a few more masculine touches. The little vintage, silver tray in the foreground has the Empire State Building on it. We purchased it at the Urban Market. Fabian took the picture of the Golden Gate Bridge himself on our first trip to San Francisco.}

March 2010 House 185

{I love the color that our “For Like Ever” print adds to the room. My parents had two of these Bruer chairs when I was growing up and I always loved them. They were sweet enough to give them to us. I have one in our bedroom and another in our formal living room.}

March 2010 House 180

{The zig zag pillow is from Target. It sort of has a Missoni / Jonathan Adler vibe doesn’t it? The Longacre floor lamp from Circa Lighting was designed by Thomas O’Brien. I adore its architectural lines. It is one of my favorite lamps in the house.}

March 2010 House 120

{I tried in vain to get a good picture of Tate and I on the bed. He usually isn’t allowed up there, so I think I must have thrown him for a loop because he would not sit still!}

No comments:

Post a Comment