A Dream Home in the City by the Bay

Isn’t it crazy when you come across a home that feels like it was designed specifically for you? This happens to me every now and then as I leaf through my favorite magazines. On Friday afternoon, I was flipping through the latest issue of Traditional Home and I came across this gorgeous San Francisco home, designed by Melissa Warner of the wonderful Massucco Warner Miller design firm. San Francisco is one of my favorite cities. It is gorgeous and to imagine living in a such a beautiful city in an equally stunning home sparked my imagination. I could move right in!

{The living room features pink velvet chairs and a fabulous little table.}

{The Home’s Dramatic Entry}

{The dining room plays host to bold orange chairs and gorgeous hand-painted de Gournay wallpaper, which you might recognize from the cover of the Domino book.}

{The powder room features several glamorous accents from the beautifully-shaped, vintage gilded mirror to the Ginger Single-Arm Sconces from Circa Lighting. The Scalamandre Zebras Wallpaper adds a touch of whimsy and eclecticism.}

{The kitchen, designed by architect Robert Stiles lends a sense of lightness to the house. The rest of the rooms are dressed in vibrant, saturated tones. The kitchen is an oasis of bright light. It is absolutely beautiful and has just about every feature I could ever hope for in a kitchen.}

{This lovely home belongs to the Morfit family which includes a two year-old daughter and four year-old son. Keeping the children’s ages in mind, Warner used faux-ostrich vinyl on the banquette and a laminated linen seat on the rattan chair in the breakfast nook.}

 

{The island, breakfast nook, and this seating area provide plenty of room to entertain in the kitchen.}

{In order to create a feeling of warmth in the master bedroom, Warner employed a palette of gold, white, and coral.}

{The beautiful linens are Matouk and the fabulous bedside lamp is from the owner’s personal collection. The wallpaper is “Asuka” by Osborne & Little.}

{A Charming Nook in the Master Bedroom}

{Isn’t the dressing room amazing? Notice the fretwork on the pocket doors and the wallpapered ceiling. I love the chain link design of the Soumak carpet.}

{Perfection! I love every last glamorous detail.}

{The two year-old daughter just may have my favorite room in the house. Isn’t it darling? The built-in bed and shelves are both efficient and stylish. I am head over heels for this color palette!}

{The headboard is upholstered in Quadrille’s “Paradise Background”. The pillows were custom-designed for this little client. I seriously want this to be my room! Although, I may be a little too tall for the bed and I’m not sure how Fabian would feel about it.}

{This four year-old boy’s room is more chic than most adult’s rooms! I love the bold, striped walls and the combination of orange and blue. It’s timeless.}

{The attic office would be a perfect place to write La Dolce Vita, don’t you think? I love the use of white as well as the lighting and of course, the Imperial Trellis roman shades.}

{A Stylish Place to Store One’s Wares}

 

Image Credit: David Fenton

P.S. The wonderful ladies over at Material Girls are featuring my home on their blog today. Please stop by and take a peek when you have a moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment