10 Things I Can’t Live Without: Haven & Home

haven and home

Yipee! It’s time for this week’s installment of the “10 Things I Can’t Live Without” series. Today, Marianne, of Haven and Home will share her list with us. She is a very talented designer with a great eye and a huge heart that comes through in her work. I love that her list is equal parts practical and fun. Enjoy!

First I would like to thank Paloma for including me in this series.  Since I seem to fall in love with something new everyday it was a challenge to make my 10 Things I Can't Live Without list.  Here it is in no particular order:

1[1]
1.  Nail polish- I love the way nails look with a manicure and if I don't have polish on my nails they are destined to the ugly fate of being bitten.

2a[1]
2b[1]

2.  Technology- I am sure anyone reading this list would agree.  I don't know how I would live without my computer or phone.  There is no way I would be able to do my job without a camera on hand at all times.  Since I am in my car a lot I would be miserable without XM radio and I don't know what I would do without the TiVo to assist me with my guilty pleasure- an assortment of shows.

3[1]

3.  A Power Drill

4a[1] 4b[1]

4.  Good writing instruments.  In particular anything from Sharpie and these from Papermate.

5a[1]

 5b[1]
5.  Gallery Walls- I can't get enough of them.  There are an infinite number of variations and I love them all.  These are 2 walls in my home (neither are very good pictures but they are all I have saved on my computer at the moment).

6380842
6.  Magazines- I love blogs but nothing can beat a magazine.  I study them really taking in every detail, for example this tub.  Being able to tear it out and save it in my "One Day House" folder is a huge plus for me.
Image House Beautiful

7a[1] 7b[1] 7c[1]
7.  Target- Where else can you go with the intention of buying nothing and leave $125 later with everything from light bulbs, ice cream, shoes, wine, duct tape, dog treats and printer paper?  It is home to many of my other favorite things- Chapstick (the original in black) and of course Dr. Pepper.

8[1]

8. Gray-  I know it is everywhere right now and that makes me very happy.  I loved it before and I will love it after the trend is gone, it is my perfect neutral.
Image Canadian House & Home

9[1]
9. Geometric and/or textured fabric- a favorite being velvet stripes.  A great example is Philip Gorrivan's collection for Highland Court.

10[1]
10.  Last and certainly not least my Husband, Family and Friends.  I thank God every day for all of them, I honestly would not be able to function without all the support and love I receive.  I can't believe it but this is one of two photos that I have of Patrick, Harry and I...

No comments:

Post a Comment