Tate Update

IMG_0992

It’s been a while since I last gave everyone an update on our puppy, Tate. He is a big boy now! He is a little over 10 months old and will be one on March 20th. He now weighs a whopping 23 pounds which is crazy considering the fact that he weighed just 4.5 pounds when we brought him home last May. Fabian and I are so smitten and we think Tate gets cuter everyday. He is very affectionate and has a really happy, gentle disposition. I get the feeling that he really enjoys the fact that I work from home because I get to spend most of the day with him. The little diva loves having his picture taken now and if he sees me with the camera, he will whimper until I snap his picture.

IMG_0974

We have no real complaints about our sweet pup, except that he chews through his toys in a matter of minutes and he gets very excited and jumps all over people when they first arrive, which is why he is wearing a leash in all of these pictures. Trainer’s orders! I promise he doesn’t mind it at all and we take it off in the afternoon. Does anyone have any recommendations for good, durable toys for dogs that like to chew (he already has a Kong)? You’d think he was a pit bull or something by the way he chews through things so quickly!

Any advice on getting him to stop jumping on people? Tate is a Cockapoo (Cocker Spaniel / Poodle Mix) and many people seem to think that jumping is a poodle trait he inherited from his poodle dad. Ignoring the behavior by turning our backs hasn’t worked even though it is what most trainers recommend. We’re doing the leash thing now where we step on it so that he can’t jump, but it doesn’t deter him.

IMG_1069

Usually, while I work in my office, Tate will play with his toys or take a nap. I snapped this photo of him yesterday. I thought it was hilarious that he had his little head propped up on the paper shredder! By the way, I just got this Expedit bookshelf from IKEA last weekend and I promise to post pictures of it and my office once I get it organized. Anyway, we love this little guy so much and are so happy that he is part of our family. He is such a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment