Fabulous Room Friday 02.05.10

sara ruffin costello4

 srcostello

 sara ruffin costello

The home of former Domino Editor Sara Ruffin Costello and her talented photographer husband, Paul (yes the Paul Costello) is one of my favorite spaces to ever be featured in Domino. Perhaps I am on a blue kick since I just received the March 2010 issue of House Beautiful. It usually isn’t my favorite color, but I love the deep ink blue used in these drapes, which play beautifully upon the height of the windows.  sara ruffin costello2

The simple palette created through ebonized floors, black bentwood chairs, and white accent pieces makes the beautiful blue hue stand out perfectly without feeling cold as blue often does. Everything about this room fits the chic, collected aesthetic that Domino was so well-known for. I think the overall look of the room would be fairly easy to recreate. The key would be in finding the right textiles, but most of the other pieces could be found fairly easily and if you were to use similar vintage pieces, you could probably even do it on a budget!

If you’re in Houston, be sure to visit the Urban Market this Sunday! You may just find some pieces to create your own Domino-esque room. Oh how I miss that magazine! Happy Weekend!

 

Images via Domino and High-Heeled Foot in the Door

No comments:

Post a Comment