Everything Old is New Again

I thought that with school being out, I would have plenty of time to blog even more than usual. Boy, was I wrong! Having a puppy at home makes it nearly impossible to get anything accomplished. I love my Tate, but does he ever require a ton of attention and constant supervision! Bringing him in the office isn't an option because he gets into everything and it is hard to sneak away while he is napping because he senses me sneaking away and follows me wherever I go. I normally blog in the mornings, but I haven't had a chance to sit at the computer until now. It is 4:06 pm, but I digress. And to think that I used to scoff at people who said that having a dog was like having a kid. They weren't kidding!

Anyway, the true focus of this post is on Southampton Homes, who in my opinion, build the most beautiful homes in Houston. I had lots of commentary planned for the detail and old world charm that goes into these homes, but you know who has woken from his nap and is barking away in the other room, so I'll have to make this quick. I love the fact that there is nothing "faux" about these homes. No faux finishes, no Tuscan murals (barf), etc. You get the picture. Southampton Homes instead imports authentic mantles from France and uses all types of exquisite details. Their homes are well-suited to a modern lifestyle, but include all of the charming details that new construction usually lacks. Unfortunately, for me at least, these homes don't come cheap! They can be found in some of Houston's premier neighborhoods and rarely sell for less than $2 million. A girl can dream, right?

I am hoping that once Tate gets a little older and I get more accustomed to my new puppy-centered routine, I will be able to do long posts with lots and lots of commentary again. However, maybe this time, you can help a sister out and tell me what you like most about the eye candy you are about to see. Tate and I thank you! xoxo

Elevations: I must say that Southampton builds some of the most gorgeous homes, both inside and out.









Living Spaces:










Kitchens: Notice their signature hoods and islands.




Bathrooms:





Loggias or in less fancy terms, patios:




All images via Southampton Homes. Be sure to visit their website to see more of their beautiful work!

No comments:

Post a Comment