Fabulous Room Friday 06.24.11

This week’s fabulous room is a stunning, feminine kitchen. The femininity mainly comes from the lighting and flowers in the space, so it really is a blank slate for many different styles. While I tend to veer towards a “modern traditional” sensibility, I am loving the sleek, mod cabinetry and the amazing marble waterfall island which steals the show!

I found this room via Mr. Goodwill Hunting’s Pinterest, so I don’t know the original source or designer for the space. However, there are so many great elements in this kitchen. The modern style of the cabinetry and appliances is balanced by the warm, wood floors and the traditional mouldings and architectural features. I would probably switch out the two chandeliers over the island for something more classic, though. While I love a touch of glamour in a room, these seem too girly and trendy for me.

{The View Towards the Breakfast Room—I’d love to see the rest of this lovely home!}

{I love the beautiful fireplace in the breakfast room as well as the mouldings on the wall. Choosing white really allows the beautiful architecture to shine. I’d love to get my hands on this space and decorate it myself!}

 

Is there anything you’d change about this room or would you leave it as is? Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment