Do Tell: What are you reading?

Just a couple of nights ago, I finished reading Bethenny Frankel’s A Place of Yes, which I really enjoyed and found to be very inspiring and powerful. Before that, I read Tina Fey’s Bossypants, which is now a favorite of mine. Not only is it absolutely hilarious, it is also quite inspiring. Judging by my latest book selections, I guess you could say that I have had my confidence shaken a bit and was looking for some motivating words to help me get back on track. I would recommend these books to anyone. The first two chapters in Bethenny’s book were a bit challenging to get through. They mainly focus on her difficult childhood and relationship with her parents. While I wasn’t able to relate to that part of the book as much as I was to the rest of it, I truly commend her for being courageous enough to really put it all out there. Tina Fey’s book has become an instant classic for women. She is so relatable and like Frankel, she really puts it all out there, but in a less intense, funnier way. There were nights when I was reading Bossypants that I would laugh so hard that my husband would wake up.

I enjoyed both of these books tremendously and am looking for my next read. What have you read lately that you would recommend? I’m in the mood for a novel, but non-fiction is great, too. I always love hearing your recommendations and have actually read several of the books you have suggested. Thank you!

{Image Source}

No comments:

Post a Comment