Monique Lhuillier Pre-Fall 2011

Monique Lhuillier Pre-Fall 2011

I love seeing what the designers come up with for their Pre-Fall shows. To me, these shows really seem to set the tone for what will be fashionable in the new calendar year. One of the recent Pre-Fall 2011 shows that really resonated with me, was that of Monique Lhuillier. Her collection is ultra-feminine and glamorous as one would expect. The silhouettes are classic and figure-friendly, but she really turns up the volume through her use of color. The colors in this collections are rich, decadent and versatile. The collection ranges from jewel-toned ball gowns to patterned cocktail dresses and chic sportswear with each look being more glamorous than the next.

monique5

monique10

{These chic looks are perfect for the office or an after-work dinner or cocktail party. I love the subtle 1970s inspiration that radiates from the silhouettes in this group. The outfit on the right might be my favorite. All you need is a good cocktail ring and you’re good to go!}

monique4

monique9

{These frocks are party ready! The hot pink number on the left reminds me so much of Tinsley Mortimer. I adore the one-shouldered dress in the middle. The length is chic and flattering and the pattern is beautiful. The last dress features the pleating Lhuillier is famous for.}

monique

monique8

{I’m not usually a fan of ombré, but these gowns are stunning! I mean, sequins in an ombré pattern… fabulous! I love the blue and white gown in the middle and predict that we’ll see it on the red carpet this awards season.}

monique3

monique7

{I am loving this rich shade of purple. The gown in the center is so chic and modern and the one on the right is pure glamour! I think it is another red carpet contender.}

monique2

monique6

{These show-stopping gowns will likely be favorites among celebs this red-carpet season.}

 

{Images via Style.com}

No comments:

Post a Comment