Setting the Stage: Guest Bedrooms

martha room

{I’ve taken a similar approach with our guest bedroom: fresh flowers, crisp linens, bottled water, and some personal touches.}

One of my dearest friends is arriving from California today to visit for a couple of days. While I have prepared an itinerary filled with fun activities that I know she’ll enjoy, one of the most important things I’ve done in anticipation for her arrival (or that of any guest) is preparing the guest room. A guest room should be comfortable and should be a welcoming expression for your guest. An air mattress or your old comforter from college simply won’t cut it! You should put thought and effort into the space where your guest will be spending their visit. For example, I recently purchased a new embroidered duvet cover and made sure that all of the linens were pressed and crisp. I also made sure to include bottled water, fresh flowers, and a travel alarm clock. To add a few more personal touches, I wrote a handwritten note welcoming my friend and included both national and local Houston magazines, so that she can get a better feel for what is going on around town. I’ve included some beautiful examples of guest rooms, but what I really want to know is: what do you do to make your guests feel especially welcome when they come to visit for a few days?

mary mcgee bed

{Mary McGee}

bed horse

{The look of Francisco Costa’s bedroom is pure perfection. I love it!}

monelle totah4

{Monelle Totah via ELLE DÉCOR}

bed ashley goforth2

{Ashley Goforth}

{ELLE DÉCOR}

bedroom nuevo estilo dress design decor

{Nuevo Estilo}

No comments:

Post a Comment