Italians Do It Better: The Best Turkey You’ll Ever Have

thanksgiving2

For the past few years, I have asked my mother and mother-in-law to let me host Thanksgiving. After years of doing it themselves, I think they happily relented. They knew that I enjoyed cooking and that the food I make is usually pretty good. My mother-in-law isn’t a big cook, so I knew that impressing her wouldn’t be an enormous feat, but I knew my mom and dad would be a different story as they are both incredible cooks. I’m sure they were a little dubious deep down about how my turkey would turn out that first year, but they always seemed to have full faith in me. Knowing that this was the first time I had made a turkey in my life, I had to come up with something good! I couldn’t disappoint my entire family. After all, bad food makes me cranky.

giada and jade

I knew it would be best to find a great recipe for my first go ‘round. I happened to watch an episode of Everyday Italian with Giada DeLaurentiis right around that time and the turkey she had made sounded amazing. I tested the recipe on roasted chicken and the result was scrumptious! The chicken was moist and had the most subtle, amazing flavor from the citrus, herbs, and let’s face it, the butter certainly didn’t hurt! I ended up making Giada’s Turkey with Herbes de Provence and Citrus for Thanksgiving that year and I haven’t looked back. This is the turkey I will be making for my family for years to come. I don’t feel weird saying this because I’m tooting Giada’s horn rather than my own, but everyone who’s ever had it has said it’s the best turkey they’ve ever tasted. It is seriously amazing. If you’re not sure what to do with your turkey this year, trust me, this is the way to go. If you’re not in charge of the big bird, be sure to try this same strategy on a roasted chicken. You’ll think you’ve died and gone to heaven! Click here for the recipe or watch the video below.

No comments:

Post a Comment