California Dreamin’: Juxtaposition Home

California Fall 2010 151

One of the highlights from my trip to Southern California last week was the fact that I was finally able to visit Juxtaposition Home. I was one of the first people to blog about the store a couple of years ago and had been dying to see it in person ever since. Let me tell you folks, it did not disappoint! First of all, the owner, Michele and her colleagues, Ellen and Lynn could not have been more delightful. They were so gracious and sweet and made us feel right at home. Let’s just say that my friend and I were in the store for two hours, if that gives you any idea of how well we got along with the wonderful Juxtapostion team.

Aside from the amazing hospitality, the store is an absolute feast for the eyes! Each vignette is more stunning and inspiring than the last. The store is filled with unique furnishings, textiles, and accessories. They have everything from gorgeous bedding and beautiful lighting to vintage artwork and one of a kind casegoods. Part of Juxtaposition’s mission is to offer authentic, unique pieces that add character and sentimental value to one’s home and they have truly succeeded in doing so. There were so many things that I wanted to take home with me, but alas, I wouldn’t have been able to fit it all in my suitcase. I did, however, score some Hicks’ La Fiorentina fabric for an amazing price ($31/yard)! Juxtaposition is the type of store that we should all be supporting. Not only for their wonderful merchandise, but because of the passion Michele and her team feel for good, unique design in a world that sometimes lacks originality. While you’ll have to pay a visit to the Newport Coast, California store for some of their textiles and smaller goods (it’s worth the trip, trust me!), you can find some of Juxtaposition’s more substantial pieces on 1st Dibs now.

 California Fall 2010 147 {The Amazing Juxtaposition Home is a Veritable Treasure Trove for Design Lovers}

California Fall 2010 140

{London Calling}

California Fall 2010 144

{So Many Lovely Details}

California Fall 2010 137

{I love the bed, mirrors, lamp, and bedspread in this beautiful vignette.}

California Fall 2010 150

{Juxtaposition is at once chic and eclectic.}

California Fall 2010 164

{Fun Accessories: Vintage Letters, Coralie Bickford-designed Penguin Classics Books, and Tin Can Candles}

California Fall 2010 153

{I love the group of portraits on the wall here. I was with my friend, Jeni all of last week and we kept seeing these Ficus Lyrata trees everywhere and were soon obsessed with them. Does anyone know if they would work in Houston’s climate?}

California Fall 2010 152

{The whitewashed color of this bed is so striking against the soothing grey wall. I am also in love with that convex mirror. It is such a fabulous size!}

California Fall 2010 154

{An Assortment of Fabrics Available by the Yard}

California Fall 2010 155

{Juxtaposition is home to a wonderful selection of design books.}

California Fall 2010 159

{John Derian}

California Fall 2010 160

{This series of portraits from Amsterdam was even more amazing in person. They are each so charming. I also love the Visual Comfort lamps.}

California Fall 2010 161 {Not only does this sofa look incredibly cozy, it also looks fabulous in the surroundings!}

California Fall 2010 136

{A Lovely Array of Accessories and Books}

 

For more information on Juxtaposition, please visit their website.

 

{All Images by Paloma Contreras. Please do not use images without written consent.}

No comments:

Post a Comment