Fabulous Room Friday 09.17.10

I love all of the details in this sunroom by Melanie Turner of Turner Davis Interiors in Atlanta. The room is part of the 40th Annual Atlanta Symphony Associates Decorators’ Show House & Gardens set in a stunning home in Buckhead’s Tuxedo Park. While some may argue that gilded sunburst mirrors are too trendy, I honestly think they’re a classic element, just like leopard print in fashion. It’s always going to be around, but it’s better in small doses. The massive scale of this mirror paired with the painted 1950s dresser and pagodas makes a bold statement that I happen to love. The pale pink drapes add an element of softness to the hard-edged surfaces in the room, like the slate flooring and exposed brick walls.

The room looks so beautiful bathed in so much natural light. Turner was inspired by fashion when she designed this room and it shows. The gold table is fantastic and unlike anything I’ve seen lately, which is rather refreshing. The base is evocative of gold bangles, isn’t it? The lines of the furniture are feminine and maintain a casual elegance. Not only is this room beautiful, it’s also rather inviting.

 

I am excited to see The Town with my husband tonight. It looks so good! I’m also looking forward to seeing my friend who just moved to Austin and her sweet new baby when they come to visit. Have a wonderful weekend!

 

{Image Source}

No comments:

Post a Comment