Today I’m Wearing: Olivia Palermo for Vogue UK

olivia vogue uk

After my recent post, “Inspired By: Olivia Palermo’s Fall Style", a sweet reader alerted me to the fact that earlier this year, Olivia had participated in Vogue UK’s brilliant “Today I’m wearing…” series. The folks at Vogue UK hand-pick a young style icon to share her outfits throughout a given month. Past participants include Coco Rocha, Julia Roitfeld, and Alexa Chung. Olivia was a wonderful candidate for the series given her impeccable style. I have to admit that I was a little surprised to see how she mixed high and low pieces throughout her wardrobe for the month of April. Seeing that she actually owns a few affordable pieces inspired me even more!

Though her outfits were selected in the spring, many of them could easily work as the summer comes to a close and we ease into the fall. Well, as you all ease into the fall. We still have a while before it cools down in Texas! In the meantime, take a look at some of my favorite outfits from Olivia’s “Today I’m wearing” feature, complete with her own descriptions of each ensemble.

{“Today I am wearing a Topshop skirt and shoes with a necklace by Ann Taylor and a blouse I bought in a small boutique in the East Village years ago. My bag is the Mulberry Alexa.”}

{“These are Rebecca Taylor pants with a Topshop jacket, a Max Studio top and a vintage belt. My shoes are Christian Louboutin, my bracelet is Swarovski and the bag is Hermes.”}

{“My jacket, jeans and shoes are all from Topshop and I'm wearing them with a T-shirt by Rebecca Taylor. I'm carrying my Hermes Birkin bag and wearing a Rolex watch.”}

{“Today I have on a shirt from Comptoir des Cottoniers with shorts (I'm not sure where they are from!), gold flats from French Sole and a YSL bag.”}

{“This is a vintage skirt with a Comptoir des Cottoniers top and Kurt Geiger shoes. Accessories-wise I am wearing a Lia Sophia necklace and a vintage bracelet with my Mulberry Alexa.”}

{“Today I'm wearing... a black suspender skirt by Club Monaco, shoes by Charlotte Olympia, a Cos sweater, a blouse by Rebecca Taylor, a Chanel bag and a vintage bracelet.”}

{“Today I'm wearing a BCBG dress with a Stuart Weitzman handbag. My cuff and one of my necklaces are vintage, the other is by Lulu Frost, and my tights are from Topshop.”}

{“I've saved my favorite young designer for my last outfit. My dress is by Prabal Gurung who is brilliant. He blends classic, elegant styles with a modern sensibility. My shoes are by Charlotte Olympia, my bag is from Zara and my bracelets are by Swarovski and Noir Jewelery.”}

 

Image Credit: Vogue UK

No comments:

Post a Comment