Fabulous Room Friday 8.20.10

I recently came across this image of designer, Eric Cohler’s bedroom on The Neo-Traditionalist and was rather intrigued by the eclectic mix within the room’s four walls. You have very traditional, antique furniture coupled with David Hicks’ La Fiorentina fabric (my fave) and bold pop art by Andy Warhol and Alex Katz. I absolutely adore the monogrammed linens.

Initially, I was struck by the lovely lines of this settee as well as the beautiful pillows. The more I studied this image, the more I came to love the huge painting commissioned by Cohler which combines the works of John Singer Sargeant and Edward Hopper. It’s kind of amazing. However, do you find the combination of so many bold works of art to be overwhelming within the confines of a bedroom? I enjoy looking at this room, but I’m not sure that I could live in it.

If you’d like to see more of Cohler’s interesting New York apartment, be sure to check out the post I wrote for Circa Lighting’'s blog yesterday.

{Image Source}

No comments:

Post a Comment