Fabulous Room Friday 08.27.10

kitchen tommy smythe2

I am seriously head over heels in love with this gorgeous kitchen designed by Tommy Smythe. Tommy is Sarah Richardson’s design sidekick on her show Sarah’s House which airs on HGTV. I might be the only design blogger out there who really doesn’t watch HGTV, but I just may start after seeing this kitchen. It is so incredibly chic, yet it feels completely attainable. Of course, I love the black and white palette and the use of classic elements like the carrera marble, black and white cabinetry, timeless hardware, and the oversized lantern. The addition of built-ins is also fabulous. Who wouldn’t love all of that storage for wine and cookbooks?

kitchen tommy smythe phot michael graydon

{The elements of the kitchen are rather simple, but the style is in the details. I’m planning to do a budget renovation of my kitchen in the next few months and this has me seriously contemplating white upper cabinets and black lowers. I know I definitely want a carrera marble backsplash since I won’t be able to use it for my counters.}

kitchen tommy smythe

{I love the window. It must be old, don’t you think? The sink adds a modern touch and seems really practical. Also, look look closely in the pictures and you’ll notice that the entire countertop from the stove to the microwave is stainless steel.}

kitchen tommy smythe photo michael graydon

{How gorgeous are the herringbone-patterned slate floors? Camila mentioned them on her blog the other day. I think she may be right about reproducing this look fairly easily, thought the labor may be pricey.}

 

Image Credit: Michael Graydon via Tommy Smythe

No comments:

Post a Comment