Fabulous Room Friday 07.30.10

turq encino4

I’ve been brainstorming all types of ideas for an upcoming project and have been spending even more time in my office than usual. Naturally, this draws me to inspiring work spaces even more. I love this office by Los Angeles interior decorator, Vanessa de Vargas of Turquoise. The room is filled with various patterns, yet it maintains a very streamlined feeling through the use of furniture with clean, straight lines. The chevron stripe rug is easily the boldest element in the room, but it’s geometric nature and black and white palette keep it from taking over the room.

turq encino3{ The wallpaper certainly makes a statement, but again, it acts as a sort of neutral given the colorway that was selected. It adds interest to the room without being too much! By the way, isn’t this console fantastic? I love the knobs and I’m sure it makes a great storage piece. If I had the room in my office, I would definitely think about finding a vintage console, buffet, or credenza in it.}

turq encino2 {This throw pillow is done in the same fabric as the desk chair in the first image. Vanessa frequently updates and redesigns vintage furniture. The lines of this chair are fantastic. I have a bit of an addiction to vintage chairs and beautiful lighting.}

 

Image Credit: Turquoise

No comments:

Post a Comment