Barcelona Recommendations

Fabian and I will be heading to Barcelona next Wednesday to celebrate our fifth wedding anniversary. We are both super excited and I can’t wait to share Spain with my husband since he has never been. I have been doing a lot of research and think we have most of the big sights covered.  I know that we’ll visit Gaudí’s masterpieces, Sagrada Familia, Guell Park, and La Pedrera or Casa Batlló followed by shopping on the Passeig de Gracia. We’ll spend some time wandering the Gothic Quarter and visit the Picasso Museum. We’ll of course, visit La Boquería Market and ramble on Las Ramblas. Then, we’ll head up to Montjuic to check out the wonderful views and the fountains that everyone is crazy about.

We have selected a Lázaro Rosa Violán-designed hotel, naturally, but I would love any suggestions you might have regarding restaurants, shops, sightseeing, as well as any tips you might have on day trips. When we were in London last September, I had a couple of day trip options planned, but we loved the city so much that we didn’t want to leave. I have a feeling that this might happen to us in Barcelona as well, but I would like to have some options in case we decide to explore another town for the day. Has anyone been to Montserrat, Sitges, Figueres, or Zaragoza? Which would you most recommend for a day trip? Thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment