Dreaming of Paris and the Hotel Recamier

hotel recamier

I have had Paris on my mind for quite some time now. Fabian and I first visited the City of Lights in December of 2006 and had an amazing time in spite of the cold weather. Since then, I have been fortunate to visit many other cities, but I feel that it is time to go back to Paris! We have our trip to Barcelona scheduled for July of this year, but in 2011, we plan to return to Paris and London.

I know that some people don’t worry too much about where they stay so long as the hotel is clean and well-located, but I am of the thought that one’s hotel plays an integral role in one’s experience. For me, my hotel is not just a place for me to lay my head at night. It is part of my adventure abroad and should be inspiring and comfortable. Plus, I just happen to love hotel design!

hotel recamier2

The Hotel Recamier seems to be the perfect hotel for someone who enjoys a boutique design hotel. The Recamier was designed by Jean Louis Deniot, who also designed the Coco Chanel Suite at the Paris Ritz.

hotel recamier3

The hotel feels luxurious without being ostentatious. It is located in the fashionable Saint Germain des Prés and consists of 24 uniquely-designed rooms.

hotel recamier17

{A Chic Vignette}

hotel recamier16

{The hotel maintains an intimate feeling as it does not have large common areas. Instead it has a small lobby, chic lounge, and breakfast room.}

hotel recamier13

{I love the whimsical look in the stairwell. The sconce is lovely!}

hotel recamier14

{I seriously had an “I die!” moment when I saw this bamboo-inspired hardware. Yes, please!! This is going on the list of requirements for my dream home. :)}

hotel recamier8

{Each of the 24 guestrooms has its own look, though they seem to follow a similar pattern: canopy bed, lovely mix of fabrics, a pretty mirror, and muted yet stylish color palette.}

hotel recamier9

{I would feel right at home in any one of these gorgeous rooms!}

hotel recamier4

{The rooms feature smart color palettes and luxurious touches.}

 hotel recamier12

{So many beautiful details!}

hotel recamier10

{The bathrooms are just as stylish as the bedrooms.}

No comments:

Post a Comment