It’s official. I’m obsessed.

melissa warner hb shelter

The ladies at the venerable Massucco Warner Miller can do no wrong in my book. I have been a fan of their work for quite some time now. In my opinion, they design some of the best spaces, especially bedrooms. To say that I adore their work might be a bit of an understatement. While their design firm is brimming with talent, Melissa Warner in particular has had a couple of amazing projects published recently. First, there was the amazing townhouse in San Francisco that so many of us went crazy for. Now, Melissa’s own home is being featured in the May issue of House Beautiful. She is a girl after my own heart. I adore Melissa’s use of color and pattern, as well as the way that she mixes new pieces with vintage ones. The result is original and a bit eclectic with a touch of glamour. In other words, it’s perfection.

hb mwm4

{The dining room is so bright! Melissa says that “the most indestructible fabric for dining chairs is leather or vinyl. Especially if you want white.” Round tables, like this vintage one, are perfect for creating a more intimate setting as people are closer to one another and can converse with everyone at the table. How great is the “Eat” sign?

hb mwm3

{I love the skirted table she uses for a desk. The red trim gives it a modern look.}

hb mwm2

{Fabric samples, paint chips…such is the life of a designer!}

melissa warner hb shelter2

{Ahh! The piece de resistance…Melissa’s amazing bedroom! I LOVE the Dorothy Draper chest, the gorgeous headboard and the pops of orange.}

melissa warner hb shelter3

{I think Melissa is a genius when it comes to mixing different styles of furniture. The clean lines of the upholstered chair and mid-century modern dresser work beautifully alongside the Chippendale bamboo bookcase and Hollywood Regency Dorothy Draper chest.}

hb mwm

{I definitely need to work on beautifying my closet. Right now, it feels very utilitarian. I love the idea of adding framed photographs to give the space some warmth and personality.}

 

Image Credit: Victoria Pearson for House Beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment