What are you reading?

{Image Credit: Lonny Magazine}

Last month, I read The Help by Kathryn Stockett, which I absolutely loved. My friend Sally recommended it and I am so glad that she did! I thought it was a touching story about courage and compassion. It shows the human spirit in so many ways and tells of the tumultuous South in the 1960s through various points of view. It is both endearing and at times, infuriating, but it is an amazing novel that  I would highly, highly recommend.

A couple of night ago, I finished Kelly Cutrone’s book. I must say, it’s really good. I admire Kelly for her work ethic and ball-busting attitude. She kicks ass and takes names, but she does so through a positive, honest approach. There were certain parts that really spoke to me and made me feel as though Kelly had written the book just for me, like the section on “Finding Your Tribe”, you know, “the people we’re related to spiritually, emotionally, and socially”. Blogging has been such a HUGE part of this process for me and I am truly blessed for it.

However, she sort of lost me in the section about creating your own religion. That was only one chapter, though. The book is filled with so many gems of advice such as the fact that “personal branding is about figuring out who you are and what turns you on and then monetizing it”. If you’re looking to break into the fashion industry, are going through a bit of an identity crisis (I’ve been there, too!), or you’ve enjoyed watching Kelly’s fierce self on television, this makes for a great, quick read.

 

So now it’s your turn! What are you reading or what have you recently finished reading that you would highly recommend? Let’s hear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment