Red Carpet Recap: The Academy Awards 2010

Sandra Bullock dares the photographers to touch her little gold man.

I put in some major television watching hours last night. First, I watched and tweeted during the entire Academy Awards show, then it was on to the finale of Big Love. I loved the comedy duo of Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin, who I thought were downright hysterical as hosts. However, I have to admit that while I definitely have my fashion top picks, no one really took my breath away on the red carpet last night. What did you all think? Were you a little underwhelmed? While there weren’t a ton of gowns that I loved, those who got it right, really got it right!

Demi Moore 2010 Oscars

{Demi Moore in Versace}

Does Demi ever age? I thought she looked stunning (and tiny) in this blush colored Versace gown. Ruffles have had a huge presence on red carpets lately, but this look is not at all overwhelming.

Cameron Diaz 2010 Oscars

{Cameron Diaz in Osar de la Renta}

Cameron looked absolutely gorgeous last night! Her Oscar de la Renta gown was pure perfection and her hair and make-up complemented the gown beautifully.

Maggie Gyllenhaal 2010 Oscars

{Maggie Gyllenhaal in Dries Van Noten}

I love the fitted, bold gown that Maggie chose for the event. It is lovely, chic, and unexpected…a  breath of fresh air.

Rachel McAdams 2010 Oscars

{Rachel McAdams in Elie Saab}

I loved the soft, watercolor-like palette of Rachel’s dress. It was modern and lovely.

Sandra Bullock 2010 Oscars

{Sandra Bullock in Marchesa}

Whether you loved or hated Sandra’s gown, I thought her hair and make-up looked lovely. The Marchesa gown is certainly memorable and worthy of an Oscar moment. Congratulations to her!

Nicole Richie 2010 Oscars

{Nicole Richie and Joel Madden}

An honorable mention goes out to Nicole for her 60’s inspired look complete with sequined caftan-like gown by Reem Acra. I loved her glamorous look!Helen Mirren 2010 Oscars

{Helen Mirren in Badgley Mischka}

Isn’t she radiant? She gives me so much hope for decades to come.

Meryl Streep 2010 Oscars

{Meryl Streep}

I adore Meryl and she may as well be named the First Lady of Hollywood. She is incomparable. While I don’t always think her fashion choices are the most flattering, this Chris March gown looked lovely on her.

Sarah Jessica Parker 2010 Oscars

{Sarah Jessica Parker in Chanel Haute Couture}

Did you love it or hate it? The color is lovely and I like the gown from the bust up, but the fit is so unflattering, even on teeny-tiny SJP.

Michael Sheen and Kate Beckinsale

{I love the shimmery gown Kate Beckinsale wore to the Vanity Fair party! I wish I had seen it on the red carpet. Simply gorgeous, Kate!}

2010 Oscar Parties - Heidi Klum and Victoria Beckham - Elton John Viewing Party

{Heidi Klum goes for a glamorous 60s look and the fierce Victoria Beckham wears her own design at the InStyle party.}

2010 Oscar After-Parties - Cameron Diaz - Vanity Fair Party

{Cameron really hit it out of the ballpark last night. First the gorgeous Oscar de la Renta gown, then this FABULOUS number by Victoria Beckham that I blogged about during fashion week. Shimmery perfection!}

 

Image Credit: WireImage for  ELLE, Vanity Fair and InStyle

No comments:

Post a Comment