Sweet Temptation

pulitzer lobby
So many of you were kind enough to leave personal advice and recommendations for our upcoming trip to Spain when I requested your help in Monday’s post. There were many helpful comments and I also received several personal e-mails with many suggestions. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate it! Having personal recommendations can make a huge difference in one’s travel plans. Through all of the comments and e-mails, there seemed to be a reoccurring suggestion: don’t miss Barcelona! Originally, I was thinking we would just visit Granada and Seville. Then, I thought we might throw in Madrid for good measure, but everyone says Barcelona is so much more thrilling and inspiring, and alas, I’ve already been to Madrid.
pulitzer lobby3
So what are we to do? Getting from Barcelona to Andalucía in Southern Spain isn’t a huge deal as there are plenty of cheap flights and trains available. My dilemma is how to space it all out over the course of seven to ten days. I am afraid we would be moving around too much, thus foregoing the whole relaxing aspect of our trip. How many days would you allot to Barcelona, Granada, and Seville? Should we forego one of the southern cities? In my excitement, I looked into incorporating Barcelona into our itinerary and fell in love with the Lázaro Rosa Violán-designed Hotel Pulitzer. Both my husband and I are suckers for well-designed boutique hotels. We subscribe to the theory that the hotel is a destination in and of itself and the Pulitzer is so enticing. It is majorly increasing Barcelona’s appeal!
pulitzer lobby2The Luxe Lobby
pulitzer dining Dining Area Adjacent to Lobby
pulitzer visit The Pulitzer’s VISIT Restaurant
pulitzer visit3
The Dining Room at VISIT
pulitzer visit2
So chic!
pulitzer terrace
Rooftop Terrace
Barcelona Pulitzer Hotel Interior bar
The Hotel’s Bar and Lounge
pulitzer standard The guestrooms are so sumptuous and elegant. They would make for the perfect place to begin and end one’s day in a city as exciting as Barcelona.
pulitzer deluxe
pulitzer suite
pulitzer suite2
pulitzer bath
pulitzer deck
It’s pretty tempting, isn’t it? Stay tuned for our hotel selections in Seville and Granada, along with more of Violán’s inspiring work.

No comments:

Post a Comment