10 Things I Can’t Live Without: Pure Style Home


Today, the wonderful and super-talented, Lauren of Pure Style Home shares her “10 Things” list with us. I am so happy that she was able to find the time to put this list together for us. Not only is she a busy interior designer, she is also a wife and mom to a toddler and a baby who will be here any minute! Lauren’s list is sweet and warm, just like she is.

1. My business: I just love having the creative outlet of my own interior design business. It's so satisfying to help people become happy with & take pride in their homes.

2. My Friends--> There's not much better to me than a night with friends that ends in a dance party. (and they usually do) Singing into pretend microphones & using the sofa for a stage are a must! (2 of my best friends with me on right, below)
3. A yard: I love being outside and I love having a big private back yard. We just recently moved and I think playing in the backyard with my family is the best thing about our new house.
4. The Seasons: I get excited about each & every season change. I love all of the news smells in the air and I'm crazy about re-accessorizing my home seasonally. (Below, we painted our front door orange this past Halloween.)

5. Good food: I love eating &/or making a great meal. I just get so excited when a good one's coming!!
 
6. Magazines & Blogs: I just can't get enough of photos & articles & musings on pretty spaces!!! Every day there's something new to look at & being relatively new to blog world, I'm just so amazed at how many talented, kind & generous people there are out there!! I've met a slew of great friends & it's a place I really feel comfortable being a "design junky"- I hate the thought of boring my friends & family with design mumbo jumbo- and it's been so awesome to connect with people like me!

7. My house: I love coming home. It's our haven & I thank God for it every day. It was a tough run for us to get here & we treasure it. Sometimes my husband & I still just stop what we're doing & look at each other & say "I can't believe it's ours." We work on our house all the time & love making it special.

8. Greenery: I love to have something alive in almost every room of the house if possible and nothing's prettier to me than a simple arrangement: Ferns, topiaries or even weeds from my yard will do. ( I HAD to use this picture of them in my set of lab beakers because I overuse them in photos to the point of ridiculousness!! :)

9. Feelings of" Excitement/ Adventure/ Hope- I love feeling like there are good things to come. At home, my family & I try really hard to enjoy every day & take pleasure in the small things, but I also love feeling the anticipation of something new & exciting coming our way... that we have our whole lives ahead of us & we're going to get to do so much. Experiencing everything again- from holidays to the beach to the snow to pony rides- with our son is just so much fun! I love getting excited (and often am, hence the use of way too many exclamation posts in my writing ;) and it can be about something big or small... but it always makes me happy.
10. My family: They're my life. I couldn't do any of it without them. (with one more on the way any day now...)

Thanks so much to Paloma for inviting me to be a part of this!!! It was so much fun & really eye-opening my priorities & passions. Happy holidays!!

No comments:

Post a Comment