Fabulous Room Friday 10.16.09

Last week, as I thumbed through the November issue of House Beautiful, I immediately fell in love with the bedroom Thom Filicia had designed for the Designer Visions house. I was immediately drawn in by the quatrefoil four-poster bed, gilded starburst mirror, and sultry grey walls. Thom Filicia knew that the gorgeous bed would certainly make an impact. He says "I call it the Van Cleef bed because you see that quatrefoil motif on all those necklaces, but it's also an architectural motif that goes back centuries. Here, in sharp white against the gray, it looks very modern."


In regard to the soothing grey paint (Palais Royal by Ralph Lauren) he paired with horizontal bands, Filicia says "I got the idea for the bands from Beaux-Arts buildings, which often have this kind of detail in stone at the ground level. It tricks your eye into thinking the room is wider than it really is." The room also features Kravet's Everyday Lux curtains and Conrad's tweed shades.

I love the peacock blue cashmere throw by Harnaz! I am so obsessed with this color right now. The fabulous lamps are by Robert Abbey and the chairs are Bulgari.

Images via House Beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment