Fabulous Room Friday: 6.19.09

I'm currently loving this chic bedroom by Courtney Giles of Atlanta. The moody grey walls look fabulous against the deep orange of the beautiful headboard and bedskirt. I also love the multitude of patterns used in this room. Normally, I wouldn't think to do zig zag, gingham, and greek key all together, but not only does it work...it looks fantastic! I love that the bedding and drapes are very simple. The fact that they are understated keeps the room from being over the top.


The mix of styles, along with the use of new and antique furniture really works here. I think the key to making this room successful is the limited color palette with the mix of patterns.

The plate wall looks great and isn't something I would have thought to use in a bedroom.
I am not 100% sure, but I am inclined to say that the image above this caption and the one below, are both of what the room looked like before. You have the same plate wall, same layout, same chair, lamp, and paint color.

Do you like the before or after better?

All images via Courtney Giles Interiors

No comments:

Post a Comment