London Calling

Buckingham Palace dressed in the Union Jack flag for Christmas 2003


After some deliberation, Fabian and I have decided to visit London in September. We sort of went back and forth and he kept giving me the run around, just as he does anytime I try to convince him to take a trip. We didn't take a vacation together last year, with the exception of a long weekend in San Francisco for his birthday and my trip to Spain, which was more like work since I took students.I was rooting for Spain for a while (I fell head over heels in love with it last summer) to which he would reply, "We'll see". One day, I randomly threw London into the mix and he could not have been more excited. I think the key is to find a destination he is really interested in as well. We are both really looking forward to this trip because we've never been to London before and we have wanted to visit for quite some time.

I've started making a list of all of the major sites we'd like to see (Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, The Tower of London, Westminster Abbey, The Tate Modern, The National Gallery, The Globe Theatre, etc). However, I would appreciate any tips you might be willing to give. Are there any specific places that we must see? Anything you felt was disappointing? Recommendations for restaurants would be great, too (mostly casual places). I would honestly love any insider tips you would be willing to offer.

Image found here.



No comments:

Post a Comment