Recent Projects at Casa Dolce Vita or How I Tried to Put Off Working Out

Our Christmas Tree


This morning I told myself I HAD to work out this afternoon. I don't really enjoy it, so I always end up finding something else to do. In an attempt to put off working out today, I decided to take some pictures of the little projects we've recently completed around the house.


A close-up of the ornaments... I started off with the idea of making the tree red and silver this year, but ended up adding the green ornaments because I felt that it needed something more.


Our mantel with the garland I made last year


A close-up of one of the stockings

I realized that after asking you guys for help in finding some orange pillows, I never showed you the ones that I ended up buying. The plan is to eventually replace the carpet in our living areas with dark hardwoods and I would like to get new sofas, but alas, I must work with what I've got in the time being. My husband also installed a new Selecta pendant from Circa in our breakfast room and we bought the Tango Panels from Z Gallerie for our family room.


I searched high and low and faced limited options in the orange pillow department. I ended up going with these from Crate and Barrel. I think the color complements the brown nicely, the fabric is nice quality, and the inserts are goose down, not the snazziest, but nice enough.

I was recently inspired to do a plate wall in my dining room. I am planning to buy a nice buffet to go underneath the plates. I recently missed out on a Dorothy Draper chest on Ebay that would have been perfect! Unfortunately, someone was a bit faster than me and scored it for $600! What a steal!

The plate wall as it looks today. We are planning on adding more over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment