Houston Real Estate: Katie Stassi's Fabulous Home

I like to visit the website for the Houston Area Association of Realtors on a regular basis. I love real estate and houses, so checking the new listings has been a regular habit of mine for quite some time. Yesterday, I came across designer Katie Stassi's fabulous Houston home. It just came on the market for It has been featured in both Domino and Paper City. Katie was recently named one of Domino's Top 10 Designers.


The house, which was originally built in 1960, was taken down to the studs and completely remodeled between 2006 and 2007. The result is decidedly fresh, feminine, modern and traditional all at once. It looks like it should belong in the Hollywood Hills. Upgrades include bleached parquet floors, Carrara marble, and Viking appliances. The one story house is nearly 4,000 square feet in size and is within close proximity to Houston's best shopping and restaurants.


If you're interested, you can see the MLS listing here.







Fantastic kitchen (I think I would need more cabinets, though.)




Another view of the kitchen



Breakfast Area


Sitting Area right off of the kitchen


Living Room


Gorgeous Master Bedroom
(Is that a real zebra skin rug? I think I'd like a faux one better. This one makes me sad.)



Master Bathroom



Office complete with seagrass carpet




Lovely playroom


Beautiful little girl's room. It reminds me of Apple's room in Gwyneth Paltrow's Hamptons House.



Another Secondary Bedroom


Saline pool and très L.A. awning



These images are from the MLS listing. It's interesting to see how different it is styled when compared to the images from Katie's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment