Case Study: Chic Bookcases

I have been collecting random photos of bookcases. After a trip to Barnes and Noble yesterday, I felt inspired to post them. Here are a few of my favorites:


I'm not sure where I got this image (If anyone knows, please let me know so that I can give credit where it's due!), but I love the entire room. I love the tall bookcases and that green fabric is gorgeous!

Amazing Country House in Upstate New York
I love everything about this room! The mouldings, the floor, the contrasting colors... I could go on and on, but my favorite thing about this room is the wonderful wall of built-in bookcases with the gorgeous brass Circa Boston Functional Library Two Arm Wall Lights hanging above them.


Here, we have a decidedly modern take on bookcases from NathanEgan Interiors.





Another modern room, this time from Spain's Nuevo Estilo Magazine





This is from a Manhattan real estate listing. I don't really like the way the room is decorated, but I love the fact that bookcases line the entire hallway.



I think this is adorable! This bookcase belongs to Jihan, the girl who writes Around the World on my Vespa. I love that the quirky objects coexist with her books in such a lovely way.



Bookcases in a casual, yet elegant sitting room from the movie Something's Gotta Give


No comments:

Post a Comment